Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Reality setting in

.
On May 5, 2015 6:48 PM, "Jennifer Parnell" <missparneezy@gmail.com> wrote:
So I met with the PA at the psychiatrists office. We had a long talk about the Topomax and how it made me feel so he switched me to Imitrex, which I take when I get a migraine. That was fine. It went downhill when we started talked about how much more depressed and anxious I'd been and how much more tired I was. I'd have to increase the dosages on everything to even see if there would be a difference. We talked about medication vacations where you go off of a med for a time if you've built up a tolerance. Then you might rotate to another drug for a while. From the way he made it sound and from what I've heard in my facebook group, that's how it goes. And as this happens, the symptoms continue to get worse, namely the IH. That's when I asked him about my brain fog, my lack of concentration and focus and how those would affect me on a job. He didn't have an answer for that but was glad to fill out my disability forms for my state policy. I hate to say it, and I haven't completely given up, but I need to start looking for a disability lawyer. Steven in financial coaching knows one. In the meantime, I have to figure out how to pay my bills, where I can find work and if I should stay in my house much longer. My mom and sister have offered for me to stay with them. Mom is in Elgin though and my life is here now. It's crazy with Julie and the kids and their house isn't completely finished yet. Decisions, decisions. Much prayer needed, too. Sorry for this being one long paragraph. 

The thing that gets me the most about what he said (and what the sleep dr has told me) is don't expect to be able to work a 9-5 five days a week without nap (s) at some point during the day and possibly having a day or two to just rest and to be off of the stimulants. When I lived in Florence and wasn't going to church, I took the weekends off. Now, that's some of my busiest days. So as of now, I will need to have a day or two later in the week as my med rest days. And that's what I will need to keep into account in applying for jobs. The thing is that I knew this before any of the doctors suggested it and have taken that into account when looking for a job. That's what's making the job hunt so much more difficult for me

Update May 6:
I've scheduled an appointment to talk with a counselor with Vocational Rehab on June 10. I have also sent an email to request an appointment with a local disability attorney.  I have no idea how long it's going to take for me to hear about the LTD policy from the state or what's going to happen as as I continue to apply for jobs.  Some folks from church have given me suggestions on local part-time jobs.  Driving, of course is an issue so I'm having to consider that in any job I look at.

I did call Aunt Shirley today and left her a message.  It was hard for me to talk to her, as expected.  I gave her an update about everything from my food stamps to vocational rehab to what the doctor said yesterday.  And yes, I asked her for more money.  Not sure when she'll, or if, she'll call me back, considering how upset I was on the phone.

Then there's the matter of my living situation considering this is looking more like a long term issue that's going to need some major life changes, like moving out.  Don't where I'm going live until I get all of this income stuff straight. Mom and Julie have both offered for me to stay with them.  Mom said today that she had some ideas that she would share this weekend.  Heck, Jeremy even told me he considered me moving in with him, but he doesn't have room at his place and even a little bit of my stuff.  The uncertainty of where I'm going to live and where I'm going to get money from is testing my faith, but I HAVE to trust in God that he will provide. This is a very complicated, difficult test of my faith.  Hopefully, what's on the other side of this will be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment